The Reiki Digest is a free publication - You can help keep it that way (and enjoy great discounts) by patronizing our carefully selected advertisers! Thanks for your support!

Heal Your Life 468x60


Monday, October 27, 2008

The weekly waka

I knew nothing
and I knew everything
as soon as I forgot
where the dog left off
and I began

the countries
that lay between us
are bound
inextricably by the river
that runs through us

beneath the linden
my hands on fur
I felt the sun
we became the fields
and dwellers of the wind

the cat lay dying -
hadn’t moved since yesterday
I offered my hands
she turned around just once
to show me where it hurt

withers
hand body hand and rump
like two cans
and a piece of string
except there is no talking

content -
the furnace
hums
when the spirit moves
we often call it purring
(by Beth Lowell)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home