The Reiki Digest is a free publication - You can help keep it that way (and enjoy great discounts) by patronizing our carefully selected advertisers! Thanks for your support!

Heal Your Life 468x60


Thursday, April 02, 2009

A few more words on the word 'master'

We're sorry we didn't see this one sooner, but better late than . . . . 

Bronwen and Frans Stiene, founders of Shibumi, a new international Reiki organization, posted an item on their blog back on March 6 offering another explanation for the organization's prescript that the term "Reiki master" not be used.  It's nicely written, whether or not you agree with them. It's called 'I am not a Reiki Master."

And Tracy Houchins wrote: "For me, stepping into the role of Reiki Master had much to do with my commitment to the path of Reiki. When I made the decision to take the Reiki Master training, I knew that Reiki would be not just a career, but a commitment to carry Reiki with honor and reverence in my every day life, forever. I knew it was right because it was such an easy decision. I feel passionate about teaching and my practice and proudly hold the title of Reiki Master, Teacher & Practitioner.

Reiki Blessings,
Tracy Houchins, Reiki Master
Teacher & Practitioner
Howard County, Maryland

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home