The Reiki Digest is a free publication - You can help keep it that way (and enjoy great discounts) by patronizing our carefully selected advertisers! Thanks for your support!

Heal Your Life 468x60


Monday, November 08, 2010

Finding Abundance and Gratitude through Reiki


For all intents and purposes, Reiki was my initiation and a pivotal point of entry onto my sacred healing and spiritual path and it remains the cornerstone of my professional healing practice. However, it was my belief in the interconnectedness of all things and people in the Universe (at the very least, on mother Earth) that propelled me to become a minister. My studies and experiences had led me to assess what I knew, believed and understood about many concepts, among them - gratitude and abundance. It was through Reiki - as a spiritual and healing practice that I truly recognized that these two concepts travel together and are like two very beautiful peas in a pod, always ready and willing to illuminate no matter what obscures their truth from coming to light
As a child, my life was full of simple pleasures for which I was thankful, but not always grateful. I still do not often use the word grateful because for me it conveys a deep sense of thankfulness that is far more expansive than what is conveyed or expected in the daily usage and for which the customary thank you is sufficient.
The understanding and living (or walking the walk) as if abundance is present in my life and not just for the chosen few, was challenge for me as the lack of basic material necessities and niceties was also a large part and parcel of my childhood experience.
Now, my spiritual practice being anchored in Reiki, I understand there is enough of whatever is needed or wanted to go around and just because someone else is in receipt of abundance in the outward or physical form, does not mean there is less for me. I know this realization unfolded as result of meditating and giving myself Reiki. Now that I have tapped into the abundance within I can stay in the zone (ok, my zone), in the flow, for longer periods of time.
Reiki as a spiritual practice continues to have a profound effect on my concept of abundance and feeling connected to the universe - large and small. Being connected and maintaining a connection to people, animals, common experiences and situations is for me being in abundance. And I am grateful for recognizing this and being able to really feel the support that flows back and forth as a result of these connections.
As a Reiki Practitioner, I am grateful for how my understanding and embracing abundance has informed my practice. Early in my practice I relied too much on what I knew about Reiki and would always anticipate the (beneficial) outcome of the session. The simple, yet powerful fact of the matter is that we are connected through our coming together for a Reiki session that allows the abundance of balance or Reiki to flow.
A natural dovetail occurred between my spiritual practice, my Reiki practice and my ministry. Whether “hands on” (or above) your own or a client's body, or from a distance, with your heart open, abundance is ever present. Yes, I do give thanks for my practice and all the experiences that living my life provides. And I am immensely grateful for now having the wisdom and courage to incorporate all of the things that as a child gave me peace, joy and a sense of belonging to something much larger than my immediate family and community.
This Thanksgiving I will be giving thanks for my life - family, friends, and career. I am grateful that I am now able to go with the flow and recognize abundance in its myriad of forms. And for that I am very thankful.
Reverend JeMaja Selas, M. Div. is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an ordained Interfaith Minister and Spiritual Counselor providing energy-based therapies in New York City, NY. She maintains a private practice and enjoys teaching and giving talks with the goal of empowering individuals on how to access their highest potential. Check out her blog, JeMaja's Jems.


advertisement

Hay House, Inc

advertisement

1 Comments:

Anonymous Marianne Streich said...

JeMaja, thank you for this article. Recognizing that abundance comes in many forms was key to my spiritual growth and transformation as well. I did not have the courage to establish a Reiki practice until I released the idea that abundance came only in the form of a paycheck. I am continually amazed and delighted at the ways it shows up in my life. And deeply grateful. Marianne Streich, Seattle WA.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home