The Reiki Digest is a free publication - You can help keep it that way (and enjoy great discounts) by patronizing our carefully selected advertisers! Thanks for your support!

Heal Your Life 468x60


Friday, November 04, 2011

The Power of Gratitude (With thankfulness)


Reiki Precepts
Just for Today
Do not anger
Do not worry
With thankfulness
Work diligently
Be kind to others

The mission of Usui Reiki Ryoho(Healing Art) is to enhance mutual well-being for oneself and others, on one hand, by fulfilling a peaceful and joyful life mentally and physically and, on the other, healing the sick. -USUI Mikao Sensei (1865-1926)

By Lilia Marquez

As a Reiki Practitioner, I strive to live a happy, healthy and peaceful life through my Reiki practice.  Just for Today,  with thankfulness is one of the Reiki precepts.  An attitude of gratitude reminds me to be humble and to be thankful for the many blessings that I have each and everyday. Being grateful and thankful helps me to connect to my Higher Self, to be One with the Higher Source-to the Divine Love and Wisdom. I'm mindful that,  the farther I am from my ego, the purer I am as a Reiki channel.  Reiki is non-duality, the Art of Letting Go and Surrendering.  When I offer Reiki healing, I remember to place my hands, surrender and smile.  It is Reiki who's doing a great job of healing, not me.  As a Reiki practitioner, I am a channel/conduit of the energy of the universe, that is, Reiki. Each one has an innate ability to heal onesef and there's Reiki within all of us.  Reiki awakens the power inside YOU.

Each one has a story and a journey. Life is a journey. This is my story and this is my journey. My Reiki journey began a couple of years ago when I felt I needed healing myself-Mind Body Spirit. Holistic Nursing was introduced in the hospital where I work. I was 3 months away from my graduation from Holistic Nursing when Reiki came to my life. I didn't know anything about Reiki, didn't know of anybody who had Reiki healing, I was intrigued and curious what Reiki is and what Reiki offers as a healing modality for myself. Little did I know at that time that one day, I'll be teaching Reiki myself. Reiki is one of the many healing modalities that one can use to heal oneself. It is very easy and simple to learn. Children can learn Reiki. My 10 year old niece is my youngest Reiki Chuden (Second Degree/Intermediate Teaching) student.

Rei is  mysterious, miraculous, ethereal, transcendental and sacred. Ki means the energy of the Universe. As a Reiki Teacher, I tell my students to remember METS. The Japanese word Reiki can be defined as the miraculous/mysterious, ethereal, transcendental and sacred energy of the universe, which sustains life. Reiki is the name used by Usui Mikao Sensei, Founder of Reiki Ryoho(Healing Art) for the energy of the Universe. Reiki Ryoho (Healing Art) has twofold purposes: healing and spiritual. Reiki is a practice, a way of life guiding me in my spiritual path.

As a Reiki Practitioner/Teacher, I have to be mindful that non-doing and non-thinking is everything. Deeds are criteria of a good Reiki Practitioner and a good Reiki Teacher-what I think, what I say and what I do are very important.  
In 2007, my daughter and I went to Japan, visited the Usui Memorial in Tokyo and climbed Mt. Kurama in Kyoto.  Standing in front of Usui Mikao Sensei's gravesite and Memorial was a humbling experience. I didn't know what to expect, what to think, what to say or what to do.  I asked Sensei for guidance, I want to teach Reiki the way he wants and not what I want. I want his presence in all the classes that I'm planning to teach presence especially during 
attunements. I asked for a sign.... waited for a sign ... Lo and behold... crickets...yes crickets and lots of them singing.  

Mt. Kurama-yama is Reiki's Birthplace, a sacred mountain north of Kyoto, the ancient capital of Japan.  Climbing Mt. Kurama with my daughter in 2007 was one of the most amazing and unforgettable experience of my life. USUI Mikao Sensei  attained enlightenment and a healing ability in 1922 at the age of 57 while fasting and meditating in the sacred mountain.
It was almost a three-hour trip from Tokyo to Kyoto via the Shinkansen (Japanese Bullet Train, running at speeds of up to 300 km./h).  Mt. Kurama has many temples and shrines. It was an amazing journey walking on the path and feel the energy where USUI Mikao Sensei was 89 y
ears ago.
Reiki is one of the many blessings in my life. With my deepest gratitude and appreciation to  my family, my friends, my Reiki Teachers especially Kathie Lipinski and Inamoto Hyakuten Sensei, my students, my clients, my patients, and to all of you who have been part of my healing journey thus far -Mind Body Spirit.

Gassho,
-Lilia


Contributing Editor's Note
Reiki Precepts are guidelines for Reiki practitioners to strive to follow to live a happy, peaceful and joyful life through Reiki practice. Gassho is a position used for greeting with the palms together and fingers pointing upwards in prayer position. Gassho is an expression of respect, request , faith, thankfulness, prayer and devotion. Because the two hands (duality) are joined together, it expresses the "One-Mind"

4 Comments:

Blogger RobinRMT said...

I think that your blog is quite interesting. Thank you for bringing your unique view on Reiki!! Great!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous reiki blog lover said...

@ Robin , the same thought came into my mind :) this blog is absolutely great

6:29 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Wonderful insight into what it means to practice Reiki and the honor/blessings of Reiki in our lives and the lives of others!

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Sherry Andrea said...

Enjoyed reading! Thanks

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home