The Reiki Digest is a free publication - You can help keep it that way (and enjoy great discounts) by patronizing our carefully selected advertisers! Thanks for your support!

Heal Your Life 468x60


Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Music we love to practice Reiki by

Years ago, I came home late in the evening, tired and wanting to go to bed. The little voice within picked that moment to whisper, "turn on the TV". I consider TV mostly a waste of time, so we fought a little, the voice and I. After some back and forth, I grumpily turned on the TV, and what came up on the screen was a documentary about unique young musicians. One of them was Hovia Edwards, a young Western Shoshone woman who had broken the gender barrier to playing Native American Flute. The ethereal beauty of her music evoked Earth, trees and wind.

At the next opportunity, I went out and bought the first CD I could find. It's been a mainstay of my Reiki treatments and classes ever since. Time to buy a new one, it's getting scratchy!

I am deeply thankful for that little voice, even if we fight sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home