The Reiki Digest is a free publication - You can help keep it that way (and enjoy great discounts) by patronizing our carefully selected advertisers! Thanks for your support!

Heal Your Life 468x60


Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Music we love to practice Reiki by

We polled our team, asking each member if they had a favorite album….here are a few of the highlights:

Helaina Johnson, Reiki Master Practitioner and Massage Therapist:
"Quiet Heart / Spirit Wind" by Richard Warner - I never get tired of it!

Terence Newkumet, Reiki Master Teacher:
One of my favorite albums for reiki practice is actually "Dreams of Freedom: Ambient Translation of Bob Marley in Dub" by Bill Laswell. It is a mellow and moving arrangement of Marley's music. I enjoy the message of his words and the vibration of his voice. Always a winner at Reiki Shares as well.

Laurie Elder, Reiki Master Teacher:
My favorite cd to listen to while giving myself reiki sessions or giving reiki sessions to friends is: "Loveland: Music for Dreaming and Awakening" by Jai Uttal and Ben Leinbach. It is very soothing with flowy with sincere mantra chanting and long dreamy instrumental sections.

When giving reiki sessions to clients, I prefer to listen to music without lyrics, unless my client brings their own specific music to the session. My favorite cd without lyrics is "
Reiki Mountains" by Sambodhi Prem. It reminds me of what I would hear if I were riding a horse, calmly through the country side while staring in a hollywood movie. It is a combination of elongated guitar strung notes and electronically created emotions. This cd never gets old for me.

Jessica Marino, Reiki Master Teacher: Reiki outside in nature with the leaves rustling, birds, waves....children...even in the city, traffic and sirens all integrate into the auditory experience....

Our whole team agreed:
Any of the albums by Tania Alexandra, staff member at the school, and singer songwriter, is a favorite for reiki shares. Her music is one of the few choices with lyrics that we can practice with. Her music is a deep reflection of her spiritual practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home