The Reiki Digest is a free publication - You can help keep it that way (and enjoy great discounts) by patronizing our carefully selected advertisers! Thanks for your support!

Heal Your Life 468x60


Thursday, April 17, 2008

Retraining

Ever had that cliched nightmare that you're back in school, there's an exam coming up, and you don't even know what the subject is or where the classroom is? Most of us aren't inclined to go back and redo studies we've already completed. But with Reiki, retraining can be a good thing.

I've already done two Reiki master programs myself, and I'm looking forward to another one in a couple of weeks. I've gone back and observed Level 1 and 2 Reiki classes, and as sponsor of one master class myself, I've had the privilege of attending that class not once, not twice, but three times so far. And there are graduates of that class clamoring for a chance to resit.

So I was delighted when I got a call the other day from a Level 2 Reiki practitioner inquiring about studying Level 1 in the lineage I teach. He's a teacher himself, of martial arts, and he explained that in his field, even those who've reached advanced levels in one lineage usually start at the beginning when they study others. He began naming the various arts in which he'd done just that, but I couldn't list them now.

As any good student does, he made me think. I'd never emphasized retraining, even though I appreciate it so much myself. From now on, I'll keep that in mind for students coming in at advanced levels.

I'd be interested in hearing from other Reiki teachers on the subject. Do you, as a teacher, continue to study the subject yourself with other teachers? Do you require, or offer, retraining for advanced students? Is it helpful, or a waste of time and money?

Hint: Don't be shy. If you contribute a comment on this subject, it can include a link to your own web site.

To speak up on this topic, add a comment to this post on our web site (just click on the word "comments" below the post), email it to editor@thereikidigest.com, or phone it in by using our web call button.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home