The Reiki Digest is a free publication - You can help keep it that way (and enjoy great discounts) by patronizing our carefully selected advertisers! Thanks for your support!

Heal Your Life 468x60


Wednesday, May 05, 2010

How has Reiki helped you? Please share your story

Our friend Yadira at California Reiki has received a very important invitation: She's been asked to speak about Reiki to a group of doctors at the University of California-Irvine School of Medicine, and we're sure she'll represent Reiki responsibly and eloquently.

To prepare for her presentation, Yadira is asking for help from clients, students, and Reiki Digest readers. We'll let her tell you more:

"I am thrilled to have been invited by UC Irvine School of Medicine to speak on behalf of the Reiki community at an upcoming colloquium lecture on Reiki in the field of integrative medicine.

"I see this as a wonderful opportunity for everyone in the Reiki community to make their voices heard among the doctors who may one day more readily embrace Reiki as a complementary therapy, and I am calling on all those who have experienced Reiki to share their stories with me so we can put your personal accounts in front of an audience capable of making such a huge difference to our future healthcare.


"Since my partner and I first founded California Reiki, it has been my goal to reach out to the medical community so that the benefits of Reiki as a complementary therapy could be better understood and accepted as a means of providing care to those suffering from illness.


"I would like to ask for your help in achieving this. This is an opportunity for all of us who have experienced the benefits of Reiki to share our experiences with the medical community so that they in turn may one day help countless others.


"To all those who have felt the healing touch of Reiki, either as a practitioner or the recipient of Reiki treatments, please send me an account of your experiences — all are welcome, particularly if Reiki has helped you with a serious medical condition that conventional medicine has struggled with, such as cancer, mesothelioma, fibromyalgia, AIDS, arthritis, depression, etc. My goal is to compile and share this information with the doctors so that they may benefit from the knowledge of our first-hand experiences.


"Please write to the Inquiries address shown on the
Contact Page of our website. (Information can be anonymous if you wish, simply mention this when you write.)

"The date for the lecture is yet to be finalized, but it is likely to be in May, so please send me this information as soon as possible."


You can also post your personal Reiki stories as comments to this post on The Reiki Digest web site, and we'll be happy to share them with Yadira.

With thousands reading this publication each week, we ought to be able to come up with a few Reiki success stories, or maybe even a few hundred. So let's start sharing!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reiki made it possible to tolerate the anxiety I had while waiting for a cancer biopsy on my face, and the 6 week wait I had to get surgery. I was not sure what the result would be and how much disfiguration would result.
A client of my was preparing for a cardiac operation to enlarge her arteries. She was afraid of dying and was unable to sleep prior to the surger with two treatments her palpitations stopped and she was able to get much needed rest. F.Hershkowitz LCSW

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Judith N. said...

I was diagnosed with MS more than 30 years ago. At various times during the remitting/relapsing pahase of the disease, I was blind, paralyzed from the waist down, and had my left arm paralyzed. Each time, I recovered most function afte some weeks or months. After fifteen or so years, I went into the secondary progressive phase, and my remissions stopped being so complete. More and more symptoms held on and piled up on each other. Four or five years ago,I was in a wheelchair most of the time, and overwhelmed with all the other MSsy stuff that kept hitting me.

A few years ago, I started to practice Reiki and self-treat daily. I noticed that, very gradually, my MS symptoms started to improve. After two years they'd gotten so much better that, with my doctor's approval, I stopped taking any disease-modifying medications. My condition has continued to improve since then. I'm now able to walk with no support around the house and with one crutch when I'm away from the house. I'm able to keep up with everything I have to do and many things I love to do (like Yoga, gardening and dog training).

I know in my heart that Reiki has effected this miracle for me!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Yadira said...

I wanted to thank you all so much for your support in sending your stories.

We have received a lot of wonderful emails, and it's great to see people posting on here too.

Please keep your stories coming! They are providing a great picture of Reiki which we can show to the medical community.

Much love,

Yadira

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home