The Reiki Digest is a free publication - You can help keep it that way (and enjoy great discounts) by patronizing our carefully selected advertisers! Thanks for your support!

Heal Your Life 468x60


Friday, May 07, 2010

Waka Challenge Day 29

Just two more days to go: our Waka Challenge ends on Sunday. Today, a few more from one of our favorite waka writers:


Broken legged doe
lay sleeping in my driveway
I changed my habits
and long after she'd moved on
I remembered her sweet face


Just before sunrise
the deer gather on my lawn
for a silent feast
from inside, my barking dogs
awaken the neighborhood


On a rainy day
I light a lamp inside
grateful
for a chance to curl up
with a good book and a dog


the abandoned cats
down by the railroad station
napping in the sun
a few moments of pleasure
before dashing off to hide



To contribute your waka, just add a comment to this post, or email editor @ thereikidigest.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home