More points of consensus?
We're putting together a list of proposed points of consensus, things that Reiki practitioners of all styles and lineages can agree upon.
So far we have:
1. The system of Reiki was founded by Mikao Usui.
2. Usui was not a doctor.
3. Reiki is not massage.
4. Reiki is not a religion.
5. Reiki is not a substitute for medical care.
6. Reiki is performed on fully clothed recipients by fully clothed practitioners.
7. Reiki works on mental, physical, emotional and spiritual levels.
8. Reiki can help reduce stress.
9. Reiki is being practiced in a growing number of hospitals and other medical environments.
10. We aren't quite sure how Reiki works.
11. A Reiki practitioner functions as catalyst to engage a person’s self-healing.
12. Reiki is balancing.
13. Reiki has no contraindications.
14: Reiki has never been known to harm anyone.
15. There are now many different styles and lineages of Reiki practice all over the world.
This week, we propose the following:
16. Reiki is compatible with all religions.
17. Reiki is practiced by people of all faiths, as well as agnostics and atheists.
18. Neither practitioner nor recipient need believe anything about Reiki in order for it to work.
19. Reiki can be used alone or in conjunction with other natural healing modalities.
20. Reiki can be used alone or in conjunction with conventional medical care.
What do you think? Are we still in agreement so far? Next week, five more proposed points of consensus. To submit your suggestions, email email@example.com or post a comment on our web site.